10 things you must know about the new Rs 2000 note
On what seemed like an ordinary day when the citizens of India were heading home after the work, PM Modi had news for the nation that created a great hustle. In his 40 minute message, Modi took a strong stand on wiping off corruption, black money and unauthorised cash flow by demonetizing the Rs. 500 and Rs. 1000 notes. This created a great hustle around the nation, and amidst the hustle, we witnessed the crisp purple-clad new Rs 2000 note.
Below we present 10 things that you need to know about the new Rs 2000 note.
- The size of the new 2000 rs note is measured at 66x166mm, which is smaller than the older ones and is available in a magenta base colour
- The denominational number 2,000 is written in the Devnagari script and, in the micro letter, RBI and 2,000 on the left side of the note
- The new 2000 rs note has the portrait of Mahatma Gandhi at the centre
- There is an Ashokan pillar symbol on the right side where Mahatma Gandhi portrait and electrotype watermarks are placed
- The guarantee clause, that is, the governor’s signature along with the promise clause and RBI symbol have been placed on the right side, with electoral watermarks appearing next to them
- Celebrating the India’s Mars mission the new note carries an image of Mangalyaan, symbolising the nation’s first venture into interplanetary space, and the logo and tagline of the famous Swachh Bharat Abhiyan. Turn the new Rs 2000 note, and you will see a pattern of the Mars Orbiter Mission (MOM)
- The new Rs 2000 note features an embryonic image with the denomination figure that would be visible only when the note is held at a 45-degree angle
- There is also a windowed security thread with the inscriptions ‘Bharat’, RBI, and 2,000 with colour shift
- The new Rs 2000 note features a see-through register with denominational figure 2000 which will be visible only when the currency is held against light
- The note doesn’t have latent images, coloured strip security threads and watermarks. The RBI shunned the rumours of the notes featuring Nano GPS chip, which would locate the spot of the currency through a satellite